As I’m progressing on the build and have to make various decisions around electrical and avionics, I figured that it would be best to have a separate page to document the overall considerations of my electrical system.
My current plan for the panel:
- On the panel:
- Primary PFD pilot side – Garmin G3X Touch
- Backup PFD co-pilot side – Garmin G3X Touch
- Garmin GMC 507 AutoPilot Control
- Navigation – Garmin GTN 650 (GPS & VOR/LOC/GS & COMM 1)
- Backup Avionics – Garmin G5
- Airmaster Propeller control
- Remote mounted
- Audio Panel – Garmin GMA245R
- Second COMM – Garmin GTR 20
- Transponder – GTX 45R
I am planning to install both GPS as well as VOR/LOC/GS based Navigation. For that purpose, I am going to use the Rami AV-525 in the Vertical Stabilizer.
- VOR/LOC/GS – Rami AV-525
- IFR GPS – Garmin GA35
- G3X GPS – Garmin G26C
- Transponder – Rami AV-74? (Have to check whether that one’s compatible with GTX 45R)
- COM1 (top of Fuselage) – Rami AV-10
- COM2 (bottom of Fuselage) – Rami AV-17
- ELT – Artex 345
As of right now, I have the rudder anti-collision light and the landing/taxi lights. I still need to decide on what lights to use for the wing tips.
I put Orion 650E’s on our Commander and they are fantastic. Can flash independent or be sync’d to other ‘strobes’ on the ship so everything fires at once.